• Doctors (who know what they’re doing)
• Pain Medicine (it works like magic)
• Blood Banks (GIVE BLOOD, it saves lives-it saved mine)
• A flexible job and caring boss (love my dad)
• Medical benefits through UPS (my drug benefit saved me $2,789.10 on my new medicine and my hospital stay was FREE)
• Drugs (not the street ones…the doctor ones that make me feel better and keep me alive)
• The most supportive and understanding husband, family and friends
This week has been a rough one. I have Crohn’s disease, which is a chronic disease that affects my intestines and lines them with ulcers, resulting in severe abdominal pain and many other not so fun things. I went to the hospital last Wednesday very weak with a dangerously low blood count. I ended up staying five days and getting a blood transfusion. My hemoglobin was a 6.7 and normal ranges from 11-15. I am now a firm supporter of giving blood, and while I can’t donate my own blood, I urge everyone who can to donate blood. My health issues continue to remind me of how blessed I am each day and what a wonderful support system I have around me. Thank you for the visits, the prayers and the sincere get well wishes.