Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today...

Our Boston wall, done by Jeff's brother Phill.


Today has been a hard day- someone made me cry. I thought I was prepared for people saying things and I vowed not to get offended when it happened. But it was so much harder than I thought. I couldn't keep the tears from coming. Each day has it's ups and downs and yesterday was a great day. But I only know yesterday was great because I have had not so great days.

"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility." -2 Nephi 2:11

I know the atonement is real and the only person who knows exactly the way I feel is my Savior. This talk has brought me comfort lately.

"I believe that mortality’s supreme test is to face the “why” and then let it go, trusting humbly in the Lord’s promise that “all things must come to pass in their time." -Lance B. Wickman

3 comments:

Steph said...

I heart you big chunks.

Talltiffany said...

Shanna, you are one incredible girl; such an example of strength and faith. I do hope the good days start piling up. Thinking of you.

Jeannine said...

I love you, please call me when you have a hard day. I hate being so far away from you. We love you guys so much!!