Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dear Baby...

Here is a very special letter I wrote last year to my baby boy, just as I found out I was pregnant. I found it as I was going through some things today. I will cherish this forever. My Heavenly Father really has blessed me in my earthly journey. I may not have known the outcome of our little boy at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I am so glad that even then I had a strong testimony of eternal families.

January 26, 2011

Dear Baby-

This week has been an emotional one. I found out on Friday, Jan. 21, 2011 that I was pregnant. I was late and I had been so tired that I decided to take a pregnancy test after coming home early from work. The test came out positive and just to make sure we went to Kaiser to have them do a test and that one came out positive too! I am overwhelmed with so many emotions, mostly scared because of my health issues. I want you to be healthy! I went to the doctor and found out I am 5 weeks and 5 days along. I want the best for you. I want you to know that I love you already and I am worried I won't be a good mom. I also want you to know that you are a miracle from our Heavenly Father. He has blessed us with you and I have faith that He will watch over us. I have a testimony of faith and prayer and I know that my Redeemer lives. He is comforting me every step of the way during this pregnancy and I am so excited to tell you that our family is eternal. We will be forever, so no matter what happens along the way we will be together forever someday. I love you and I will worry about your well being for every minute for the next nine months. I love you little bubble. See you soon, your mom.

2 comments:

Brittany Mangelson said...

Beautiful letter Shanna! You are still making me cry... even though we are miles apart. I will cherish our conversations and friendship forever! Love you and can't wait until you get to use all your experiences to teach your future children. You are going to be such a strong and amazing mom.

BECKY said...

made me cry. you are a wonderful mother.