Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

We have a 4th of July tradition, we go to Rancho Cordova's free concert and fireworks at Haggin Park. It was a lot of fun and just like last year, my cousin Miranda, was in the Guitar Hero competition. She got second place in the finals, which she was happy about because she couldn't use the first place prize anyway.Way to go Miranda!

Miranda on the right in the Guitar Hero competition.

Yes, that is really how lame I am, we have matching Old Navy shirts.

Waiting for the concert to start.

As tradition, we rode on the "Gravitron" but this year it was called "Starship 2000." As you can see, I was not a fan and this year may be the end of that tradition.

The afternoon and evening were a lot of fun and the fireworks were fantastic. I'm grateful to live in a free country where I can worship how, where and what I want. It is truly the land of the free because of the brave. Thanks to all those who serve our country and make a difference in our world. Hope you had a fun 4th too!


2 comments:

Miranda said...

That was such a fun day! You should have written something about how Jen and I were ragging on your blog during lunch though haha ^-^

Jess said...

your haircut looks so cute!!