Saturday, July 11, 2009

8th Grade PROMOTION



Jeff and I went to Jen's 8th grade promotion last month. This is the big "good bye middle school hello high school" ceremony. For the most part it was great to be there and support Jen and realize she isn't a little girl anymore. We are ten years apart and sometimes I have a problem with remembering that she has to grow up, or maybe I just don't want her to grow up. The real entertaining part was seeing all the other parents with their balloons and flowers and gifts and tears. Some parents were pretty ridiculous- come on its 8th grade, it's not like the kids have a real choice in completing middle school. But I guess thats something I won't understand until I have a kid growing up.

2 comments:

Angela Bassett said...

wow-she really is grown up, isn't she? Breanna, too. But you're right-going crazy for an 8th grade promotion? Come on.

dmd said...

No!!! She's growing up so fast. I can't keep up!

I miss your family so much!