Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Sunday!

We have been busy the last couple of months. I started school in August and will graduate in May 2012 with a bachelor's degree in Child Development. Jeff finished his Business Management degree and graduated in May from Sac State. We joined a softball league and had lots of fun on our team, "Freaky Friday." We played for a month and a half every Friday night, and finished 3 and 4. We went to Hawaii in April and Colorado and Utah in July. My sister got married! We went to our family cabin for Labor day. We are going to Disneyland in two weeks and can't wait for our family cruise in February! I will turn 26 next week and can't believe how fast time goes. We are so blessed, even amidst everything we went through this Summer and continue to go through.
HAWAII 2011
Kauai- April 2011 with Jeff's parents

Jeff, Shan, Steph and Austin at Sacramento temple-
July 1, 2011
Jen, Mom, Steph, Austin, and Dad- July 8, 2011
Families are Forever

COLORADO-JULY 2011

Cabin-Labor Day 2011
 Twin BFF's- Amanda and Jen
Shan and Jeff in Big Trees-September 2011

We know the Lord hears our prayers and has sent people in our lives to uplift and teach us. We couldn't be more grateful for the support and love we have from everyone around us- near and far. We are learning more intently what faith is as we go through the difficult trial of losing Boston. We are, somewhat reluctantly, learning that it is His will and not ours. We enjoyed every second of general conference and had so much hope in the future as we listened to the Prophet and Apostles. One of many of my favorite talks can be read here.

5 comments:

Kent and Krista Stevenson said...

Love you Shanna! Maybe I can see you when you come to Disneyland? I live about 20 minutes from there. Less, if there isn't bad traffic.

BECKY said...

you are such an inspiration to me. way to go on going back to school! and have so much fun on your two trips coming up!

Lisa @ Tales of a Young Housewife said...

Hi Shanna! Thanks for the compliment on my pictures! I use Nikon D3000, (pricy but was worth every penny) & then for editing I use picnik.com, or I just use the kind built in to my macbook.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Love all the pictures. And a HUGE congrats to you and Jeff on his graduation/your soon-to-be graduation!! You guys have been working at it as long as I have. So big kudos to you!

Jeannine said...

I cannot wait to see you next week!! Love you!!