Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow!

"Acquire and store a reserve of food and supplies that will sustain life. . . . As long as I can remember, we have been taught to prepare for the future and to obtain a year's supply of necessities. I would guess that the years of plenty have almost universally caused us to set aside this counsel. I believe the time to disregard this counsel is over. With events in the world today, it must be considered with all seriousness." -Elder L. Tom Perry

Our little zucchini

Our tomato plants

The other planter box with the rest of the veggies

Jeff and I started a garden yesterday and I am already anxious for things to grow. We planted zucchini, green onions, tomatoes, soy beans, and potatoes. We can't wait for the big beefy tomatoes to grow so we can just go out to the backyard and pluck a tomato for our salads or sandwiches. I never thought a garden would be so easy, but it was. I guess the hard part comes when you water and wait to see what will actually grow! With the price of gas and groceries rising, we hope our little garden will do well. Now more than ever I can see why food storage is so important.

2 comments:

The Shane's said...

ummmm! we planted snap peas in our garden in our backyard in antelope. makenzie used to go out pick and eat them right out of the garden. they were super sweet! enjoy your garden! it looks great!

BECKY said...

SUCH a fun idea! I hope they grow wonderfully. Keep us updated!