Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July, it was a long day but it was sure fun! It began at 7am when we went to the temple and did baptisms for the dead. Jeff was able to be baptized for my grandpa Bart- my dad's dad. He passed away suddenly 5 years ago and it was great to finally do his work. These last couple weeks I have been feeling a strong impression to get his work done. His birthday is on July 5, so it was the perfect birthday present for him. My dad was able to stand in proxy for my grandpa's endowment later that day. What a wonderful day for my family. Families can be together forever.

From the temple we went to Haggin Park where they had a huge carnival with free concerts and bike shows. We went with Jeff's parents and we met my cousins and uncle there too. The kids had a lot of fun.


And then... we entered another dimension when we boarded the GRAVITRON! It is a roller coaster that makes you feel like there is no gravity. It was crazy and it made me want to throw up at first but after spinning so many times I got used to it! If you ever have a chance to go on the Gravitron, don't pass up the opportunity!! :)

The best part of the carnival was when my cousin Miranda kicked some trash and placed 1st in the semifinals for a Guitar Hero competition. And then she won second place for the whole competition. Thats right boys, move over we've got a new champ.

We checked out a free concert with "Hip Service." I have never heard of them before but they sang some classics like Love Shack and then mixed it up with Beyonce and Jay Z. I was excited since I don't get to shake my booty that often since YSA dances are out of the picture (I have been having withdrawals from dances ever since I got married!). It was nice to dance and attempt to sing my heart out- I don't think those around me appreciated it though...They also had a spectacular fireworks show that last 25 minutes with a grand finale! We are so grateful for the freedoms we have and the land of opportunity we live in. We are so blessed in so many ways.

4 comments:

The Shane's said...

good for you for going to the temple for your grandpa! i am sure that was the best birthday present ever! sounds like a fun day! i think you and jeff need to host a dancing party! we miss you guys!

Kristen Moss said...

Wow, thanks for the compliment, that means a lot to me. I need it for sure. It is crazy though cause I think you are awesome. It is interesting to me that some times the people we look up to and think are wonderful admire us as well. I am so glad that you have a blog, I love keeping track of people.
About the backgrounds, I just use digital scrapbook paper and put it in the HTML, it is really complicated though, it took me like 5 hours one day to figure it out. but there is this really cool website that has backgrounds and it is really easy to use. http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

Hope all is well, keep in touch.

Kristen

BECKY said...

This is a fantastic post!!! I love, love, loved it!! You guys had such an awesome fun-filled day! And rock on to the girl champion!

DaNae said...

Hey Shanna! It sounds like you are having a great time in Cali! Seirously, you would be sooo good at digi scrapbooking. You are so cute and creative that you will have to teach me stuff. Hope you and Jeff are doing fabulous!