Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving




This Thanksgiving I made my first turkey. It went so well and tasted very yummy (according to Jeff and a few brave taste testers- aka my family and Jeff's parents!). I brined the turkey in apple cider and it came out moist. I also made some pretty "sweet" sweet potatoes and my mom's famous "funeral potatoes." I found a recipe for a pumpkin dessert that had lots of butter, a cake mix and tons of sugar- what could be better than that? But despite all the delicious food, Thanksgiving is really about giving thanks. We have so much to be thankful for, the list could go on for days but here are just a few of the most important...

Our Savior, the gospel, temples, dedicated family, fun friends, the home where we live, education, good jobs, medicine, medical research and health insurance.

1 comment:

BECKY said...

Wow, that food looks delicious! You go girl!

And have SOOOOOO much fun in New York!